Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Leave China NOW - UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wicked Stepmother

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:51 pm    Post subject: Leave China NOW - UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office Reply with quote

After waiting for the flights and other forms of transport across China to be suspended, the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office announce, hey, its time to leave folks:

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/china

For better or worse, I have decided to stay and thankfully did not wait for the UK government to do my thinking for me. Boris's Brexit Britain: what a nightmare of complacency.
TrampledKlown

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's cool. When are you planning to get a haircut?
nimadecaomei

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrampledKlown wrote:
That's cool. When are you planning to get a haircut?

Is there a joke here Question
TrampledKlown

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a practical question. The virus spreads via casual contact. I guess it could become a joke at some point.
Not for the barbers, though Rolling Eyes
nimadecaomei

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrampledKlown wrote:
It's a practical question. The virus spreads via casual contact. I guess it could become a joke at some point.
Not for the barbers, though Rolling Eyes

Does OP have a beard or something. I am missing the point here. It spreads through body fluid, not casual contact (not sure what that is so maybe my statement is wrong). Anyway, you get someone else's juices in your body (eyes, mouth, nose, anus) and you can get it. This is why I am confused about the hair comment.
TrampledKlown

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Apart from handwashing, keeping a distance of 6 feet from sick people, covering your cough, avoiding touching your face with your hands, and wearing a mask when you are sick can help stop the spread of infectious diseases of all kinds, and this novel coronavirus in particular."
https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-prevent-wuhan-coronavirus-hygiene-hand-washing-2020-2?utm_source=msn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=msn-story&utm_campaign=bodyurl
twowheel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, with the mention of the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office, I immediately thought of Boris Johnson and that mop top of his and thought it was a question for him--"Boris, Baby, when are you planning to get a haircut?"

But I definitely see the point and actually thought about that: if I return to Beijing, I will need to get a haircut soon, but will probably have to stay away from my barber for a while and grow a Boris Johnson mop top of my own.

Warm regards,
twowheel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: