Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Business Visas being issued?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silverbrain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:07 am    Post subject: Business Visas being issued? Reply with quote

Hi, been offered a job and should have started already. Start date was moved to late July, then mid-August and still nothing happening. The letter of invitation I have to use to get a business Visa from the Saudi embassy in Bangkok hasn't been sent and the intermediary company cannot tell me when it will be sent. I have heard some people say that business visas won't be issued until next year. Does anyone know of theres any truth to this or is it just a rumour and gossip. Spurs me in a very difficult position if true.
desertdawg

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi silverbrain. I have no concrete information.

I think it is all down to the virus. A lot of borders are still closed and new visas aren't being issued.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
silverbrain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

desertdawg wrote:
Hi silverbrain. I have no concrete information.

I think it is all down to the virus. A lot of borders are still closed and new visas aren't being issued.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

But the airport is open right?
desertdawg

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to engage. I just wanted to give some information, as the board is pretty dead.

I am in Oman. All the airports are closed, except for repatriation flights. There are no scheduled flights.

I know people who got jobs here in Oman recently and were on tourist visas. The company has extended the tourist visa and is in the process of getting residence.

Sorry I don't know the situation first hand in Saudi. A friend is a nurse in Riyadh. She was unable to leave the country recently and all staff have been asked to take their holidays in Saudi.

Hopefully someone will post with first hand info.
desertdawg

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have probably seen this. The job advert is looking for people already in Saudi, suggesting there are difficulties deploying from outside the country.

https://www.eslcafe.com/postajob-detail/saudi-university-prep?koreasearch=&koreapageno=&koreapagesize=&chinasearch=&chinapageno=&chinapagesize=&internationalsearch=&internationalpageno=1&internationalpagesize=60
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: