Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Work in Poland from January to June

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tbiehl2000

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:24 am    Post subject: Work in Poland from January to June Reply with quote

I have a question for anyone out there. I am a 36 yr old man. I am currently working as a waiter. I have a BA in Latin American Studies. I spent 7 weeks visiting a girlfriend (now ex-girlfriend) in Poland last October-November. Anyway, I am working here in the US and I plan on visiting Europe for about 6 weeks and then taking the CELTA course in Krakow next November. Provided I pass this course I would like to work in Eastern Europe somewhere from January 2005 till June of 2005 at which time I would return to the US to make American Dollars for the summer time and then return to teaching english... if I enjoy it. What are my chances of finding employment in Eastern Europe from January-June assuming I pass the CELTA? Will the short time span be a big problem? Thanks. Terry.
XXX

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is quite possible to secure a teaching post in January. There will always be people who for one reason or another skip out on thier SIGNED contracts mid term. When this happens, schooler owners have to scramble to fill the position. Keep in contact with various schools, and you may get lucky.
tbiehl2000

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: work visa in Poland Reply with quote

How does the 'work visa' work in Poland? I heard somewhere that work visas should be obtained from your native country but I am American and I will complete my CELTA in Poland most likely, at which time I will want to begin my job search. I certainly hope I wouldn't have to return to the US just for a work visa. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Terry.
ellie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told by my employer that if you are EU you are ok but Americans really do have to go back to the states to sort out their visa. crap but true.
tbiehl2000

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:09 am    Post subject: Consulate reply Reply with quote

I received a brief reply from the Polish Consulate here in the States. He told me I needed to obtain my working papers through the Consulate in the US but that I could do it by mail. I wrote him back and told him that I would be in Poland and that I did not want to have to fly back if I didn't have to. I 'm still awaiting his response. His first email implied that I didn't have to return to the US. I am awaiting a clarification.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: