Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teaching in Romania

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hagi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:44 am    Post subject: Teaching in Romania Reply with quote

So what are my chances for teaching in Romania. I have a degree no Tesol or Celta. I dont really want to work for 100 euros a month. Is there anything that pays okay(400 euros plus a flat). I am Canadian so I assume the British School that pays okay is not an option. Any suggestions let me know

Cheers

Hagi
scot47

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

400 Euros a month ? This is about the salary of a Deputy in parliament. Dream on !

I have been basd in Romania's Southern neighbour since 1991 and can assure you that life is tougher than you can imagine. As for those who rant on about freedom and progress, they are deluded. For most people in Romania and Bulgaria things are significantly worse than they were before 1989 !
Hagi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: So what would be an expected Salary? Reply with quote

I have a good idea of what things are like in Romania. I have some Romanian friends who make 3-400 euros per month in office manager type positions. So what should I expect to get if I came to teach English in Romania? I was also just thinking of taking some university courses if the pay was too low. Lastly I know if you go up to a Romanian and say "dont you feel lucky to be joining the EU". If they dont punch you in the face then they would probably ask how this is helping put food on the table.
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you speak Romanian? I would say see if your friends can hook you up with jobs, connections help a lot. Other than that, I{ve heard that the going rate in Romania is about 100 to 200 usd a month and that{s considered good.
miculuta

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:26 am    Post subject: I am an English teacher from Romania Reply with quote

I work for International House Bucharest. They have recently posted some adds as we want native- English speakers. I am not sure, but I think we also require a CELTA or IHC. Anyway, probably you might have a chance with us, why don't you try? They offer 500 or 600 $ and a flat. Write to [email protected]. Good luck. and if you have any questions about what it is like to teach here, let me know!
CairoMig

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:39 pm    Post subject: Teaching in Romania Reply with quote

Hello everyone

I worked in Romania from 2001-3. Although local salaries are low, I was earning around $UDS23000 a year, and getting an extra $300-1000 a month doing examining work.

The best place to find a job is the British Council, although the work is hard, you do get the benefits. You need to have a UK educational background (e.g. have studied a degree there) and at least a CELTA (or equivalent) plus 2 years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Romania All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: