Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UKRAINE - Kiev etc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vjk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:11 am    Post subject: UKRAINE - Kiev etc Reply with quote

Hi, I'm an Australian with CELTA quals and previous experience teaching in China. I'm currently back in Australia.

Can anyone tell me about The Ukraine - Kiev, Odessa etc?

What is the usual wage that can be expected, and how does this stand against the cost of a flat and other living expenses.
Also any suggested contacts would be great.

thanks.......vjk

[/b]
jpvanderwerf2001

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know there are numerous schools in Kyiv. As far as Odessa, London School of English seems to be the most prominent.
To live comfortably in Kyiv (with accomodation supplied by the school, and of course dependant on lifestyle), one would need somewhere between $500-$700/month. I would quote roughly the same for Odessa.
Good luck.
vjk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help...it seems about the same as I've gathered elsewhere....Do you know what the usual rates for private tutoring in Kiev are?
jpvanderwerf2001

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For private lessons I would ask for somewhere between $15-$20 per teaching hour. This seems like a lot in Ukraine, but if a local has enough money to even ask for private lessons in Ukraine, they have enough to pay those rates. In fact, you could most likely get more than $20 in Kyiv, since there are some very wealthy people there. In any case, I wouldn't accept less than $10 unless you're helping out someone you know (I sometimes gave lessons for $5 if I had some spare time and I knew the person).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: