Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

jobs in Buenos Aires

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Argentina
View previous topic :: View next topic  
supertraveller

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: jobs in Buenos Aires Reply with quote

Just to let people know, there are lots of jobs now in Buenos Aires. You can easily work 20 hours a week and make enough money to live on. If anyone wants any more information, just pm me. Take care.
Karl Borja

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats great to know, jobs are now popping up again in Buenos Aires.

The school I went to in Madrid will start in Buenos Aires as well in Feb 2005 and because my girlfriend wants to do her TEFL in Buenos Aires I�m glad to know there are now jobs out there.

You see I am extremely happy with my hours in Madrid and I got them thru the school�s contacts. They said they are running their job placement scheme there the same way as they have it in Madrid which should make my looking for teaching hours easier.

EBC has this lifetime job placement scheme which will hopefully help me get as many hours in BA as I have now in Madrid.

Karl
maggs187

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject: How do I work there? Reply with quote

I want to live and work in Argentina for a long period of time (over 3 years).
I do not even know where to begin...I have visited some websites with job postings, am attempting the hospitality business...but I think that teaching is the best bet.

I do not really care about the money..i have been there before and know that you can get some good housing at a very affordable price.

I do not have a teaching degree, my BS is in Nutrition along with a spanish minor.

Should I take a TEFL class? And does it matter where you take it (US or Argentina)?
What would a Master in Education and a ESL/Bilingual offer me that a TEFL/TESL certificate would not...with reguards to working. Que obvio that a masters is always a good choice....but that could take me 2 years.

Any help would be great..thanks 100%
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the pay like? And how is the situation over in Uruguay?
maggs187

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: how good is EBC Madrid/ARgentina Reply with quote

Karl Borja:
I noticed you spoke of EBC....is that a good company to obtain my TEFL certificate? I want to take the class in Argentina...however I would eventually also like to teach in Madrid.

So...tell me about it and do they REALLY help you get a teaching job?
What qualfications do you feel helped or were most beneficial to you?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Argentina All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: