Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

university degrees

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Asia Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jared

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: university degrees Reply with quote

Hello. I don't know if any of you got a TESOL certificate through the global TESOL college www.globaltesol.com however is globaltesol actually the school worth going to if your trying to get a TESOL certificate/diploma to teach english overseas? Also, I hear that not ever country requires a university degree to teach in that particular country. I'm not talking "only" about the asian countries, but I'm talking about all countries. How exactly do you find out which countries reqire a degree and which require "only" a TESOL certificate/diploma? Thanks.
Jared

p.s. For those of you who are in Taiwan, how much toilet paper do you use? And did you cut back that much since you got to Taiwan?
Glenski

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How exactly do you find out which countries reqire a degree and which require "only" a TESOL certificate/diploma?

You can start by asking here. What countries are you interested in?

BTW, Japan requires a bachelor's degree for the work visa, but if you are eligible for a working holiday visa, you don't need a degree. In either case, you don't even need a TESOL/TEFL certificate in order to land a job.

You might need that certificate in order to know how to teach, though. It depends on your situation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Asia Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: