Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

good schools?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Czech Republic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andrea

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 10:17 pm    Post subject: good schools? Reply with quote

Can anybody give me some names of good schools to work for in the Czech Republic, preferably outside Prague? I'm looking for a first ESL teaching job (I will be getting the CELTA) and any help would be greatly appreciated.
Laughing
andrea
bnix

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 12:29 am    Post subject: A Few Suggestions... Reply with quote

You know of course,you will not be making much money teaching in Czech?I have taught there(In Plzen).It is a great country but I cannot afford the luxury of teaching there myself.It is fine for a year,maybe two at the most.

Try this email address for a list of state schools [email protected] The contact person is Karla Benesova.Tell her you are interested in Czech...she will send you a list of state schools looking for teachers(beginning dates in September of this year)...no charge for the referral.

There are, of course also private schools in Czech...be careful of those...one of them that advertises a lot is Caledonian...personally, I would not work for them...if you want a lot of info about different schools in Czech....look at the Czech section on the Job Journal on Dave's Cafe...there are some very revealing,trenchant comments.

You are wise to look for jobs in places other than Prague.It is a great place to VISIT...but not to live in...too expensive and overrun with tourists.Have fun in Czech.It is a great country. Smile
Sigma

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also looking for a job (in Moravia) and I think I will have to e-mail Karla.

Thanks. Smile
andrea

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks bnix for the contact info. yes, I do know that I won't make much money in Czech, but that's not really my motivation...I've been a poor student for so long already, that I guess it probably won't be much of a shock to suddenly be a poor teacher Surprised And besides, I won't be that poor...I will be making a living wage...

anyway, do you (or anyone) happen to know anything about Phillips Language Services based in Brno? I've seen a few job ads for them and I don't quite know what to make of them. They teach business English in companies and such it seems and they pay by the lesson, which is maybe a little sketchy. in one of their ads they even mentioned that they could have everything arranged within 48 hours of the enquiry...that seems very unlikely and makes me wonder about them... Yeah, so I'm thinking they're probably not such a great school...but I'm curious to see if anyone has had any experience with them.
Sigma

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andrea wrote:

anyway, do you (or anyone) happen to know anything about Phillips Language Services based in Brno? I've

I don't know anything about Phillips Language Services, but I can tell you Brno is a nice city. The town center is beautiful....
bnix

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:51 am    Post subject: Brno is Very Nice Reply with quote

Sigma is right...Brno is very nice.Actually,overall I prefer it to Prague myself.As for that Phillip's School...brrrr!!!...don't know specifically...sounds pretty sketchy to me.Just the fact they pay by the lesson would be enough for me to turn thumbs down on them....sounds like a pretty shaky proposition....like a lot of other private schools out there.Be careful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Czech Republic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: