Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Single father in Oman??????????

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lionbrian

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:57 am    Post subject: Single father in Oman?????????? Reply with quote

Dear all,

Any info on day cares or baby sitters in Oman especially in Nizwa? Price? Time? How's life in Nizwa or in Oman for a single father? Are there any foreign pre-schools in Nizwa? By the way, my kid is 3 and half years old.

Thanks in advance!
carnac

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear lionbrian,
First, the caveat that I'm in Muscat where things are very different, ok? Easy to find all the help you need here. And that while I've been to Nizwa many times (lovely town), I haven't worked there.
That said, the first contact for these questions should be your sponsor. Second, if I were in your position and knew what I know now, I would get myself a place in Nizwa with a spare bedroom, like renting a house, cheaper than you would think even on a teacher's salary. Then I would hire an Indian or Sri Lankan housemaid probably in Muscat since there are fewer in Nizwa. Give her free room and board and say "I will pay you besides". The absolute maximum you would pay the person for this would be 100 Omani rials a month, but the least would be 60. (You are providing room and board). Start at 80 for someone decent and give a raise now and then, 5 rials at a time.) (80 rials is approximately USD200). The person would take care of your child, make your food, clean. And have weekends off if necessary and you would offer to pay the taxi fares to Muscat. (round trip about 3 rials at most, about usd8) Interview for selection of someone with good English (there are many) and include in the deal the child learns a little Hindi. Why not?
I have Omani friends in Nizwa who would be able to help if necessary. But my first thought would be your sponsor. If you run into any problems, I'll be more than happy to assist, ok?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Oman All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: