Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yanbu Industrial College

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omar805

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 2:07 am    Post subject: Yanbu Industrial College Reply with quote

I would like to contact someone from this College.Just over 2 weeks ago, I received an e-mail from Yanbu Industrial College regarding a telephone interview. They asked me for an immediate response giving convenient dates and times. I have since replied 3 times and the dates I have given have come and gone and I've heard nothing.
I'd just like to know what is happening?

Last edited by omar805 on Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:33 am; edited 1 time in total
scot47

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:01 am    Post subject: you blew it ! Reply with quote

Well Omar I think you have blown any chance there ! By posting criticism of your might-have-been manager on a public forum you have reduced any chance of employent to less than zero.

That is the way it is in the K of SA. If you don't want to play by the local rules, better to find another game in another country !
omar805

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:31 am    Post subject: misinterpretation Reply with quote

It was written by way of an inquiry and not meant as a criticism of anyone.They only have one e-mail address listed that I can find so it's rather difficult to make contact.
johnslat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:52 am    Post subject: The waiting game Reply with quote

Dear omar805,
I can't, of course, say for certain that it's the case in your situation, but it's not at all unusual to have weeks go by with no response. Doing today what you can put off till tomorrow is widely popular here. I've had it happen to me, both with the IPA here and with the Saudi embassy in Washington, D.C. Sorry I don't know anyone you could contact at Y.I.C., but thought you might like to know that such an experience is more " par for the course " than not.
Regards,
John
scot47

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 10:53 am    Post subject: what you intended Reply with quote

A Saudi will be mortally offended by this. You must NEVER criticise !

And certainly not in public. You have made an enemy for life.

And you may not have intended this but that is how it has worked out.

Welcome to Saudi Arabia !
omar805

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 1:29 pm    Post subject: Thanks Dave! Reply with quote

I would like to give a personal thanks to Dave's ESL Cafe for the assistance given to me in helping to make my application successful as per my original post.I take up the position in August.
johnslat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 3:15 pm    Post subject: Mabrook Reply with quote

Dear omar805,
Hey - congratulations. So you'll be coming to the Kingdom ( or Kingdom come ), to Y.I.C,, right, in August? I hope you have a long, successful and satisfying stay here. You can kind of " take my place "; I'm leaving in July.
Regards,
John
P.S. And, when I'm gone, you can keep scot47 company here on the Saudi board.
scot47

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 5:11 am    Post subject: congratulations Reply with quote

Congratulations on getting a job here. If you are new to the K of SA you are in for an intersting time. Some of it will be pleasant. It isreally nice when at the end of the month you get these pictures of King Abdulaziz. (The 500-riyal note)

Yanbu has quite a large community of expatriates (Saudispeak for rich white foreigners.)
scot47

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 11:55 am    Post subject: slatedoors Reply with quote

Watch out. As an about-to-be in the MEyou will now be the target of venomous comments from soneone in Qatar with the quaint user id of "itslatedoors".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: