Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Next question!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Selyer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 1:17 am    Post subject: Next question! Reply with quote

So...I'm still looking for information on IH schools in Poland. (Many thanks to Chris for his responses to my previous post!) This time, in particular, I'm looking for info on IH Koszalin and IH Bielsko-Biala.

Anybody got anything to dish?!

Thanks! Cool
bnix

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 1:30 am    Post subject: Kozsalin... Reply with quote

Please forgive the spelling.I don't know about IH....but it is a great city...on the Baltic....one of the nicest cities in Poland.
Chris

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi..

Just to clarify.

Very Happy I'm a woman.. Very Happy

Again, I don't know about International House by direct knowledge, but Bielsko-Biala is a beautiful city. Rather affluent actually, mostly because of the Fiat factory located there..

It's right at the beginning of the Bieskidy mountain range, and there are some nice ski resorts within 30 minutes from there. If you like skiing or mountains, this is a great place to go.

Hope someone can help you out more.

Chris(tine)
Sosnowiec/Milwaukee
ibasiram

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 3:35 pm    Post subject: IH Bielsko Biala Reply with quote

Have heard good things about IH in Bielsko Biala. Have heard that it's a good place to get good teacher developement. Apparently they have many training courses, and seem to have quite good teacher facilities etc...
Not sure about Bielsko Biala. I've heard from people who live there that it's not the prettiest of places, that it's all industrialised and everything.. but a place is really as pretty as a person makes it out to be.
all the best.
Selyer

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 12:10 am    Post subject: Red-faced! Reply with quote

OOPS! Sorry Chris(tine)!! Embarassed Forgive a fellow female with an equally non-gender specific screen name? Wink

But many thanks, still, for your info and everybody else's. Looks like it may come down to Bielsko-Biala vs. Opole. Anybody got any thoughts on that one?
Chris

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, not a problem..

Very Happy Most people make that mistake. I had a student come to class on the first day completely confused. She asked me if this is the right class and I said "yep". Then she said she though it was being taught by a man named Chris.. "Well, I'm Chris, but not a man." Very Happy I always get strange looks when I introduce myself, so I usually say "Krysia" which is the female Chris.. (Krzysiek is the male Chris).

Anyway, between Opole and Bielsko-Biala. Hmm.. That's actually a difficult choice in my opinion. Both have some really nice points to them. I personally know BB better because it's a bit closer and I had friends from there. But Opole is rather close to Wroclaw which is absolutely beautiful. And the Sudeten mountains. BB is, like I said, in the Bieskidy mountains and is near Krakow. Honestly, both places would be nice, but I would chose BB over Opole, mainly because I know the city better.

I've been living in Sosnowiec, right in the heart of the coal and steel mining industry. Not a really pretty area, so I guess I have a rather biased view on what is a nice city.

Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: