Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Homestays in Costa Rica

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Costa Rica
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CathyM

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Homestays in Costa Rica Reply with quote

How do I find a homestay situation in Costa Rica? I'm trying to immerse myself in as much Spanish as possible, so I thought a home-stay would be helpful. Are there ads posted or agencies who I should contact? What is the typical cost and which meals does it include? Does it work out to be cheaper or more expensive than living alone? Would I be the only boarder staying there, or do people usually take in several people?

Thanks!

Cathy
KarenK

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:21 am    Post subject: recommendations from previous homestay"ers"..??? Reply with quote

If anyone has previously stayed with a family and would recommend and pass on names/addresses ... would be much appreciated!

Thank you "doreenp" for the great reference in Heredia...

Anyone else? Puntarenas?! Thanks!! k
KarenK

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:26 am    Post subject: Heredia Homestay Reply with quote

copy and pasted from "doreenp" message.....

I've had lots of inquiries about the homestay situation here in Heredia so i thought i would post for all to read.

I live in Central Heredia, walking distance to churches, gyms, pool, shopping and parks and many universities and language schools.

I live in a house and i pay 150.00 u.s. per month. For this i get a large room with a private bathroom and shower. the other 3 rooms upstairs share a different bathroom with shower.

I only have one meal a day cooked for me because of my work schedule but the other people get all three meals cooked for them and she is an excellent cook and will vary the meals and accomodate your tastes (vegetarian etc.)

Our rooms are cleaned once a week and bedding cleaned and changed.

My laundry is done when needed, washed folded and returned to me.

The four upstairs rooms have a private and seperate entrance so you don't have to go thru the whole house to get to your room.

You have complete use of the living and dining rooms and kitchen and in the living room is a TV for communal use.

The family is great and more than willing to help you out in any way they can.

Email: Hector - [email protected] or [email protected]

put in subject line..... Homestay in Heredia information?
doreenp

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: homestays Reply with quote

I've had a few people email me and say that Hector has not replied. I think the problem is that unknown mail will go into his junk box. He has told me he does look there but only opens the ones that have something in the subject line that he can recognize as legit.

So please put in the subject line......Homestay with Zeneida ......or something of that sort.

Good luck to all.
dee
stuckinthemiddle

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

check them out: cosi.co.cr Its located in Zapote which is 10 mins from San Pedro. Great School, great staff, awesome home stay. Spent about 9 months there. email me if you got any specific questions:
[email protected]

Back in the ATL:(
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Costa Rica All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: