Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

my Buenos Aires story

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Argentina
View previous topic :: View next topic  
supertraveller

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: my Buenos Aires story Reply with quote

Yes i recently wrote about there being a lot of jobs in BA and i got a lot of pm s from people and i have been quite rude i admit and not responding to many of them. For this i apologise as i have been busy settling in here in La Paz Bolivia at my new job. But here is what i found in BA. There is a lot of in company work which means that there is full time work, about 20 hours a week but i had to mostly go to the site to teach. Not bad but annoying. The pay from a few schools at the high end was 15 pesos an hour and that was good. Most schools pay 10 pesos an hour. Brooklyn Bridge was one such school but they had their own philosophy. Anyway, i loved the city but its not easy to teach and make money. For example, i am making here in La Paz twice as much as most people make in BA and the cost of living is half as it is there. So it didnt make sense for me to stay. I hope this helps anyone looking for a job. Also, i just went around to schools with my c.v and there were opportunities for private lessons, especially if you put ads in newspapers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Argentina All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: