Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ANY HELP!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ET

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 12:43 am    Post subject: ANY HELP! Reply with quote

i was just wondering what are the different methods of staying in the country with out using a work permit or an ARC. I have some info on the student visa approach and some on the multi-entry, from my time there last Sept. and i was just wondering how everyone else was playing the visa game. Oh and im canadian. If that would make a differance.
sypanda5

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 4:41 pm    Post subject: visa situation Reply with quote

ET,
in terms of your visa situation....the other ways you could extend your MULTIPLE ENTRY VISITOR'S VISA would be if you were really sick...or had relatives here (you'd have to have papers to prove that they are your relatives..)
the easiest thing that MOST people do here (who are not working legally!) is doing the studying Chinese option. (Some acutally DO study, some don't!)
you just enter on your MULTIPLE ENTRY VISITOR'S VISA...and you get it extended based on the fact that you are studying chinese (a valid reason to extend it according to the govt!) there are no "student visas"....but just an extension. you can stay for 6 months (extend it two times..) but then have to leave the country and re-enter...(just keep doing that).

your chinese schol will help you process the papers necessary to extend your papers...there are MANY schools here - some just for the paperwork (no acutal classes) and some real, legitimate schools where you can really study Chinese...

does any of this make sense? if you have any questions, feel free to contact me or post more questions here....
ET

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you give me an idea of how much it costs to take language classes or just to get the papper work processed. As well as a school where it could be done.

Thank you very much for your help its very much appreciated.

Ethan
Aristotle

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the Newspapers.

http://www.chinapost.com.tw/classified/education_language.asp
http://www.geocities.com/allhou/schootaip.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Taiwan All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: