Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rabat for a mixed ethnic couple

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simple is best

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:46 am    Post subject: Rabat for a mixed ethnic couple Reply with quote

Hi all

I've read some positive comments about teaching and living in Rabat. The organisation I work for pays higher than the average EFL teaching salary I've seen posted for Morocco so cost of living won't be the biggest issue for me.

I'm Australian and have spent most of my EFL life in Indonesia and Singapore. My wife is Singaporean Indian, neither of us speak French or Arabic, although if we do decide to move, we'll start learning French asap. Does anyone here have any experience with living in Rabat or Morocco as a mixed couple? Also, if anyone has worked in both SE Asia and Morocco, how would you compare living and working in both areas?
nolefan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you might know, Rabat is the capital of Morocco and has its fair share of foreigners working at the various embassies/ foreign delegations. Most of them are couples and don't have any special problems living in country.

My wife and I lived there and the only issue was extending her residence permit because she's from a country that has no diplomatic relationship with Morocco. With her limited French, she could go shopping, meet some folks at the clubs and get by pretty well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: