Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Don Baago

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Czech Republic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marcoregano

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 2:06 am    Post subject: Don Baago Reply with quote

I last heard from my old American friend Don Baago in late 1998 I think, or it may have been 1999. He had recently returned to Bulgaria from South Korea and was about to take up a job at an EFL school in Prague. He may have popped his clogs in a foreign field, but I'd love to catch up with his adventures if he's still out there. Maybe he started in Prague and someone remembers him? Maybe he's still there? Any leads gratefully received. Mark Regan.
bnix

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 3:20 am    Post subject: Where is Don? Reply with quote

Awhile back,someone else was also looking for Don,and posted on the forum(or maybe it was you?)

I can't tell you where he is now...I taught with him(very briefly...I will let Don tell you the story,if you ever locate him) in Kuwait in 1994.Good luck in locating him. Smile
Czenglish

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 6:06 am    Post subject: Don B Reply with quote

Hi! Don Baago taught for us in Prague a few years back, I think he left in the summer of 1999, or was it 2000? He got a friend to drive him and all his stuff to Prague from Bulgaria! I couldn't believe it when he rolled up in a tiny car, crammed to the brim with kit....he was thinking about setting up his own school in Prague, but I believe that he had to return to the USA due to health problems.
Marcoregano

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bnix and Czenglish,

Yes, it was me who posted a message up a few months back, but I never got a hot lead. I'm curious as Don went off the radar so quickly, and I'd been in regular email contact until then. Czenglish...you're the first person I've heard from who actually saw him in Prague. Which school was he at? That might give me a lead. I can well believe his health may have failed...he wasn't in great shape when I knew him in 97 in Korea. Anyway, cheers, Mark.
Czenglish

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 6:27 am    Post subject: me again Reply with quote

Mark! He was teaching at Channel Crossings. I'm afraid I don't know where he went after that, but I think that he was heading home at least for a short while....
Marcoregano

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One last try....I've tried emailing Channel Crossings but got no response. If anybody reading this is working at Channel Crossings perhaps you could ask somebody who might know what happened to Don/any contact info. Many thanks in advance, Mark.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Czech Republic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: