Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brunei: Advice: Comments: What's it like?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Asia Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tubbo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:34 am    Post subject: Brunei: Advice: Comments: What's it like? Reply with quote

Hi Very Happy

I'm a qualified primary teacher who has been doing ESL in China for 6 months now. I'm thinking of apply for a teaching position in Brunei. I know the schools there only want to hire qualified teachers. What's it like? Any comments, etc. Good/Bad??? Question

Another question. My husband has a BA and a BSC but he's NOT a qualified teacher. He's got experience doing ESL work in China with me. Do you think he'd be able to pick up any ESL work if I was able to secure a position with a school??

Love to hear from you.
misterno

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 2:04 pm    Post subject: Beware of CfBT Reply with quote

Hi,

excellent question, for my wife and I are in a similar position. I am a qualified ESL teacher, but she is not (no experience, even). We are therefore also wondering if she would be able to teach in Brunei.

By the way, I have read some bad stories about the CfBT in Brunei, so be cautious. I think it had to do with the director, but I am not sure. Check Dave's link to that effect : http://www.eslcafe.com/jobinfo/asia/sefer.cgi?Brunei.

Ciaociao for now.

Sly.
clover

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 8:57 pm    Post subject: Brunei is fine Reply with quote

I was in Brunei for 3 years and enjoyed the experience immensely. To be honest, I get tired of hearing all the complaints-many of them are unfounded. I think that some people fel that the employees of cfbt are not all treated equally, and yes, they are basically a money-making business. However I always had complete support from them in all ways, and I think it's the old story of being treated the same way you treat others. Let's face it, if we want to find fault with something or someone, we can.
Brunei is a lovely. gentle and peaceful country and the students are delightful-not overly academically motivated, but great kids.
All the best if you decide to go there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Asia Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: