Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rossall School

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Kingdom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tomjonesman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Rossall School Reply with quote

Anybody heard of or taught at an outfit called Rossall School in the North West (Lancashire) of England?

There's a recent ad on Dave's cafe for someone to teach Chinese and Japanese students (teens) at this school. Anybody have any experience with the place? It's odd that they don't advertise a salary of any kind.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SueH

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No knowledge here (for me the North starts at Basingstoke) but as a general rule no quoted wage means a phone call for you and the opportunity for a good belly laugh when they tell you, or say they'll tell you at interview.
dyak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

�6.50 an hour straight from the till?
SueH

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doubt it would be as much as that, Dyak.
dyak

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, �6.50 is a bit ambitious these days. We'll be expecting holiday and sick pay next! Though learning English in the north of England does hold the rare novelty of actually being surrounded by native speakers, unlike down south.
Hass

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:51 am    Post subject: Rossall School Reply with quote

Hey peeps,

I went to this boarding school for a year way back in the 1980's and the place itself is amazing and right next to the beach.

As for the pay I don't really know exactly but I would assume that it would in the region of �300-�350 per week for an experienced teacher. I seem to remember the fees for a term there was around �6000. Based on that and the ammonut that the Chinese and Japanese students will be paying, the pay should be good but axpect long hours as per normal at any summer school.

Hope this helps.
dyak

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hass wrote:
I would assume that it would in the region of �300-�350 per week for an experienced teacher.

Yes, that does sound almost reasonable but if it's a summer school then you'll be working at least 12 hours a day, not to mention excursions, mothering and ... sport. �350 a week at 12 hours a day, for a five day week works out at less than �6 an hour. The choice is yours.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Kingdom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: