Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3 mo tourist visa and restricted residency permit?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
amsantana

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: 3 mo tourist visa and restricted residency permit? Reply with quote

I read an advertisement stating: "You can enter Germany with a three-month tourist visa and receive a restricted residency permit." And then begin to work (temporarily) with this. What does getting the visa and permit require??
butterbrot

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: visas and permits Reply with quote

You should definitely contact the German embassy or consulate in your area for reliable information. Never take only the word of people posting to a discussion board and, in this case, apparently no one knows the answer to your question.
schminken

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only speak for Austria but it can give you sort of an idea. For my residency permit I had to have:

Birth Certificate (the original)
My University Diploma with transcripts (the originals)
Work Contract
Apartment Contract (original)
A statement from the police department that says youve never been convicted for a crime in your country of origin. This was hard to get. In the States, usually only the FBI can give you such a document. I got my from the local police but they could only certify that I hadn't been convicted in that county.
Copy of Passport
Passport photos
The official application forms in which I had to fill in details such as the measurements of the windows in my apartment. No kidding.

Then I had to take it all to an official translation office and get it all translated into German. They won't take it if you do it. It takes an official stamp and it cost me about 100 Euros.

In Austria, you must have a job even to get the restricted 6 month visa and then you have to go through almost the same thing again to renew it.

My visa is up next month and I have to do everything again even though I have been here 4 years. but the good news is, it's a 5 year visa now if I get it. Is anyone worrying about the effect of the Fischer scandal will have on us???!!
amsantana

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information. I will research it with the embassy and try to get some clearance from the police dept or FBI.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Germany All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: