Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ELI Tetouan, Morocco

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meppetkilgallon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:58 am    Post subject: ELI Tetouan, Morocco Reply with quote

Hello lads.

I have my heart set on teaching in Morocco and have been offered a job in [b]ELI Tetouan[/b]. Does anyone have any information about this school as I havent been able to source anything? It has been going since the late 1990s. Any other information about living in Tetouan would also be great and very importantly, how much should I expect to make as a salary;I have about one year of experience, and coming from Ireland, English is my native language.

Thanks a million,
E. Very Happy
Brooks

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spanish will probably be more understood than French.
P-T

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Meppetkilgallon,

Hmmm, not many responses for you Sad . I'm no use to you either, I want to pick YOUR brains! Smile I'm looking at Morocco at the moment.

Are you there yet? If so, what are your impressions? If not, when are you going?

Cheers!
Brooks

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where is Surgut?
I used to work in Irkutsk.
P-T

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'M JEALOUS! I hear Irkutsk is gorgeous! How long were you there for? Did you enjoy it? Surprised

Find Omsk on the map & head north; Surgut is on the banks of the River Ob. Though it's not a pretty place, the people are amazing! Very Happy

PM me if you like..I'd hate for us to upset anyone with this 'Europe Talk'. Embarassed
Hod

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've passed through Tetouan, two times.

I don't wish to put a downer on things, but unless you're smuggling naughties from the nearby Rif or training folk to pole vault the wall into Ceuta, why would you choose Tetouan?
Noureli

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Tetouan Reply with quote

I h lived in Morocco for 2 years and I went to the American Academy School in Tangier for 6 months before going to George Washington Academy in Casablanca. I just want to say that the north of Morocco is my favourite area in Morocco. The people are amazing, the food is great and the beaches are great. I do not understand why people generalize everything about Arab countries. You will enjoy Morocco and unless you are looking for trouble the Moroccan people are very tolerant and understanding towards peolpe from all over the world. The salary you should be accepting is anywhere from 6000dh to 9000dh, equivalent of 850$ to 1200$ CD. Good luck and I hope you have a fulfilling experience in Morocco. Furthermore, French is understood all over Morocco.
Hod

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Tetouan Reply with quote

Noureli wrote:
the food is great

Memories. Bunched around the table with friends for the Friday lunchtime couscous (free). We savoured every mouthful. Only six days of soggy chips and beers till the next one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: