Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jobs in Hong Kong or Singapore?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chi-chi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:52 am    Post subject: Jobs in Hong Kong or Singapore? Reply with quote

I've been reading up on Asia, and found that Hong Kong and Singapore are also considered to be "Asia economic tigers" (along with Japan, Korea, and Taiwan.) I've also read and heard that they are very nice places to live (at least in contrast to Korea and Taiwan.)
Where are the jobs? Please forgive my ignorance if it turns out that the natives speak English or something *l*
Roger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no jobs for you in Singapore! They know how to teach English and English is their official tongue.
It is different in Hong Kong. There are special Native English Teacher programmes. The government acts as agent to the various schools that hire on their own terms although there are basic minima such as pay (17'000 HK dollars plus a housing allowance of 13'000).
There are schools run by international communities (Koreans, Japanese, Germans, French and so on). I also refer you to the English Schools Foundation, which is an international-school type that caters to expats and local Chinese whose language of instruction is English.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: