Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

my job offer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lynnknows

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:48 am    Post subject: my job offer Reply with quote

I am very excited. I just recieved my contract from a school In Egypt. I got airfare, 3 bedroom housing, Medical, reduced fee for my 2 younger kids, and $28,000 U.S dollard but paid in egyption pounds.

I have a choice of living in Maadi or Rehab. I am thinking about picking Maadi. What do you think??

I think it is a good offer.
Now all I need to do is find a school for my oldest child.

Very Happy Very Happy
sarinatwo

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lyn,
What suburb is your school based in? That would influence your decision a lot as Cairo traffic is pretty heavy.
If your school is in Maadi, then definitely no contest! Choose Maadi - I lived there for five years and found that it had the best expat. facilities - join the CSA (Community Service Assoc. - mainly run by expat. American (i think oil wives) - they have a great library which will make a huge qualititative difference to your life. Maadi has less of a "stare" factor also, and the traffic is less heavy. Digla, in particular can be glorious in Spring - flower laden lanes with an almost village feel.
Have a great experience in Egypt!!
Write to me if you need some info. on where to get things in Maadi
Sarina
SOBELLE

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations it sounds great!! I am in the process of moving there next year. Presently, I live and work in the U.S. Any help on how you applied would be greatly appreciated! I was in Egypt last year and I liked Maadi, also they have the American College school that I visited and looked quite impressive! It is expensive but if you teach there you can have a break. Otherwise they do have quite few good language schools there too. You might check them up. Good luck to you!!
lynnknows

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can not really give you any pointer on how to get a job there. I sent out tons of resumes and did alot of praying. I talked to people that lived or live in Egypt. I even got some of them to forward my resume to schools.
In the end I had 4 phone interviews with the school and really was impressed by the people that run the school. I think I have different reasons for wanting to move that most people so what I was looking for I'm sure IS a bit different that most.

Good luck on your search. I am sure you will find a job. From what I have been told once there it is pretty easy.
Urban_Kitten

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm jealous - this sounds like a fabulous opportunity!! If they have any openings, let us know! Very Happy
CairoMig

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Avoid getting paid in egyptian "pastries" I mean p Reply with quote

The currency here drops quicker than a shisha falling to the floor. Try and get paid in hard currency, or at least some of it. It's a pain to convert in to hard currency once you've got it too.
diana_bg

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Congratulations! Reply with quote

Really this sounds good,congratulations:D,the salary which they offer you is real good on the background of the life standards they have!And im sure ull have wonderful time there coz its great country anyway!The only thing not comfortable for me is the weather,really so damn warm,i really cannot resist on this!But anyway very good,congratulations!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Egypt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: