Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

another question about EU passport

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jacqui

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:28 am    Post subject: another question about EU passport Reply with quote

I posted this question in another thread with no reply so I thought I would try listing it as a new thread. I have family with Greek citizenship but it is not immediate (my uncle, aunt and cousin). Can this help with getting an EU passport in any way? Thanks Smile
venusss2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jacqui ,
To be honest I am not really sure , as I am not an expert in this field .
What I can say though is that you should contact the Greek Embassy wherever you live .

If one of your family memebers can maybe vouch and maybe sponsor you in some way , I cannot not see why not.

pm message me with your details and I will call the embassy here in Toronto, Ontario .

I am working on my Greek Citizenship right now , I am in contact with them frequently .

Maria
niko60

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jacqui,
First off, are you male or female? All laws in Greece regarding heritage are paternal. If your Uncle, and Aunt aren't directly related to your Father etc, and you don't have first degree relationship with them, than you are not entitled to citizenship. Example: My Father was born in Greece. I was born in the U.S.A. My daughter was born in Greece, but is entitled to both Greek, and American ctizenship. If my wife was the only Greek, and I was not, than my daughter would not have this right. Same applies for men with the difference being the mandatory army service, which is a whole different can of worms. New immigration laws are about to be passed by the new year, which supposedly make things easier, as Venuss said try the Consulate, but don't be surprised if they aren't up to date, and tell you to call back in 6mos. Good luck..

Niko
jacqui

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Niko,
Sorry for the long reply, I have been in the process of completing my final exams. Firstly, I am female. My relatives are an uncle (my mothers brother) who married a greek woman. He has been living there for over 25 years and is now a Greek citizen. I'm guessing I couldn't get citizenship, just curious if I could get a work visa through sponsorship? The consulate has not been very helpful thus far. Any info you have would be much appreciated Smile

take care,
Jacqui
gate7olympiakos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as far as i know here in greece, you can only get citizenship from your parents or grandparents

ie. a regular person has 2 parents and 4 grandparents. as long as one of the 6 people is greek you can get it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Greece All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: