Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Application Form Blues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Newbie Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flea

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:57 pm    Post subject: Application Form Blues Reply with quote

Hello there Shocked

I want to ask some advice of the experienced teachers reading this thread. I recently applied for an EFL job in Spain via the internet. Last week I recieved an application form from the school which contained some rather detailed questions. There is one that I'm particularly stuck with as I have no experience teaching younger learners. Can anyone help me out?
Here's the question:

1. As part of the job you are required to help with the curriculum design. Imagine that you have a group of six, five and six year olds. They have just started learning English in state school and come to the classes as a back up to school. Outline a curriculum for them to follow in a ten week term ( this is 30 hours of teaching). Think about what is realistic for them to be able to learn and use in that time. It is not necessary to quote books but please detail what types of materials you would use and remember to use a variety.

I have never held a TEFL position before and as you can imagine this is quite a daunting question Exclamation

Please, if you have any advice let me know-it's greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Flea Wink
Celeste

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at the curriculum ideas on www.genkienglish.com
bnix

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 3:20 am    Post subject: Or....You Could Write that One Off and Look for Another Job Reply with quote

That's what I would do.Celeste's advice is good,but I automatically"roundfile" apps that ask me specific situational questions.And that may be the only reason that question is there...to cut down on the number of the apps.After you are in this "business" for awhile,learn the ropes,etc.,you will learn that it is just better to leave some of the "jobs" alone....'way,'way alone! Rolling Eyes
scot47

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 6:19 am    Post subject: do you want this job ? Reply with quote

bnix is right

Sometimes you have to say "This is not for me" and bin it.
Flea

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 3:17 pm    Post subject: Thank You Reply with quote

Hi all

Thanks to Celeste for the great website-there are plenty of ideas there, it's just what I'm looking for Laughing

I'll let you know if I get the job Exclamation

Thanks again to everyone,

Flea
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Newbie Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: