Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A School in Brno

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Czech Republic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkT

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: A School in Brno Reply with quote

I just wondered if anyone has heard anything about this school as they are interested in me and I am interested in teaching there.

Has anyone taught in the Czech Republic, specifically Brno, what were your experiences like?

Thanks

MT
MarkT

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And has anyone tuaght there, what is it like?

How are the winters, flats and especially the people like? I hear the woman are very beautiful, are they nice to date?

Thanks
scot47

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you tell us the name of the school ?
MarkT

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's called the "A School" I know on the subject lines it looks differant, my apologizes.
Arab Strap

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live just around the corner from the "A" school...............know very little about it other than it's affiliated with the "Caledonian School" in Prague and it's in the basement of a crumbling 19 century building.

In terms of all the other stuff, well also around the corner is Blahovka which sells the best beer in Brno (expensive for here though at 28czk a pop), winters are less harsh than in Prague for example but still on the chilly side and flats are getting more and more expensive these days and harder to find.

Accommodation costs will take up most of your meagre pay so if the school can help you find a place to stay or even pay part of your rent all the better.

For romance you've come to the right place, you'll be sure to meet losts of nice ladies who are, in the main, very accommodating and interested in foreigners (I teach you Czech you teach me English kind of thing).

But beware, just because a pretty Czech girl shows some interest in you it doesn't mean she wants to jump into bed with you. .......It's not as easy as it used to be I can assure you, now that we're part of the EU and have been exposed to the wicked West, American/UK native speakers are no longer as exotic as they once were.

PM me if you want more gen but I'm leaving the country in a few days for the Middle East, mainly because I can't earn enough here to pay the rent, eat and support the wife and kids(I've been here for years and even with a Czech wife and permanent residency here I find it hard going).................this is not the place to make money to pay off your debts....................

BUT for the single guy who can live on a shoestring and beer and bread it's not so bad ( ah those were the days)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Czech Republic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: