Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

advice required

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Kingdom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tiolee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: advice required Reply with quote

Maybe some of the exp teachers here could me some advice.

I run a translation agency and do quite a bit of work in Saudi Arabia. Thru my contacts in Saudia I arrange for Saudi nationals to come to the U.K. on 1 month visits, mainly for sightseeing and shopping trips etc.

I have now been asked if we could provide 1 month English courses for the ppl that come. Most already have some English though a few have only the basics.

The course would be something like 4hrs per day Monday to Thursday for 1 month. Some of the teachers who have taught in Saudi may know they can be a bit lazy with regards learning so we are not talking about University level classes.

I have approached some institutes and they given me quotes which seem quite high. I managed to talk to a few of the teachers direct and they advised me that hiring teachers directly ourselves would work out better as we could hire the classrooms ourselves too.

This sounds okay to me as long as the teacher is qualified with exp and can handle a group of 10-15 ( a second teacher would be hired for larger groups).

I myself have some teaching exp but not enough in my opinion to do this myself. I have taught , mainly arabs both here and abroad but the teacher would be required to do all the class plannins etc as well as arrange an end of month test. I am not at that level myself.

Would �25 per hour be reasonable? 16hrs per week. We arrange groups every month for approx 6 months of the year. They dont like coming here in winter.

Maybe someone with some exp in a Middle Eastern country. All the students would be men and they have stated that it must be a male teacher.

If someone has some advice? all would be most welcome.

Anyone interested and who would like to know more details etc and we can arrange that.
Thank you
Will.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sent a pm to you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Kingdom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: