Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

small town low pay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
liehtzu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 4:44 pm    Post subject: small town low pay Reply with quote

Hey there, folks. I've been offered a job at a college in a small city (less than 100,000) in the northwest, but the pay is very very low (20,000 per month teaching "not exceeding 20 hours"). The town sounds lovely, I'm sure the cost of living is quite low, and for me location definitely takes precedence over pay. I live a pretty frugal lifestyle but I'd rather not starve.

Anyone currently working in a similar scenario who can dish some advice, please do. I've never worked in Thailand before so my knowledge of the way things operate is very limited. Cheers.
WorkingVaca

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 5:36 pm    Post subject: You'll be okay Reply with quote

That salary is a decent average for the number of hours. I went to some job interviews that wanted 40 hours a week for 20,000. Living in a small town in the northwest will be super cheap. I think you'll be fine, but don't expect to save much in Thailand. If you must, you can always pick up a second job, too.
wix

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can live pretty comfortably on 20k baht in small town Thailand. However, don't expect to save much. It really depends on your financial situation. If you have some cash saved up and you are not worried about saving any more money you'll be fine. Just remember whatever you save would probably be gone if you flew back to your home country or went on holiday for a few weeks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: