Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

have you stayed at...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Costa Rica
View previous topic :: View next topic  
route67

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: have you stayed at... Reply with quote

Hello!

I shall be in CR rather soon, on me hols (that's similar to a vacation, but with lots of rain), and would greatly appreciate your comments regarding the following places where I plan to stay:

Le Bergerac, San Jose
El Sano, Montezuma
Cabinas Alice, Jaco

I'm also undecided as to whether I should split my time between Montezuma and Jaco, or just go to one of them. Once again, any comments will be greatly appreciated.

Your attention in this matter is appreciated. Greatly.

Cheers!
Wink
pollitatica

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

I have never heard of the place in San Jose, however the other two I can help you with. Cabinas Alice in Jaco is a nice place. In Montezuma, there are fairly nice places and then the cheaper hostels. I stayed at The Mango Hotel or something with some friends when I was studying there. In Costa Rica, the cheaper places sometimes aren't fabulous. Thats what you get. I'd skip Jaco. It's not worth it if you're just going for a little bit of time. Instead, go another hour down the pacific coast and go to Manuel Antonio, its one of the most beautiful national parks in the country. Its WORTH it. there are several cabinas located actually in manuel antonio and all are pretty nice. While in Montezuma, spend the extra $40 and take a day trip to isla tortuga for snorkeling and beach time. it's GORGEOUS.

thats my advice.
have fun!
route67

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Much appreciated.
Travel plans have changed, so I won't be there 'til middle of December, and am staying for a year (at least), so I'll have every opportunity to visit ...almost everywhere, I guess!
Cheers.
Wink
adchalet

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife and I are staying at Le Bergerac in December. We've also had friends stay there, as well. Very nicely appointed, good service, great restaurant, etc..
kruegs4

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I would also recommend skipping Jaco. If youre looking for a great spot close to SJ check out Playa Herradura. I think alot of people skip it because there happens to be a huge Hilton or something there but the people who stay there seem to stay at their beach so the rest is more or less free of tourists. A clean room $15 bucks a night with two beds. Not half bad. Ben
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Costa Rica All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: