Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

World Language Centers CertTESOL courses - any info?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Costa Rica
View previous topic :: View next topic  
s-in-va

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: World Language Centers CertTESOL courses - any info? Reply with quote

Does anyone know of or have any experience with the teacher training courses offered by World Language Centers in Heredia or Manuel Antonio? (Their web site is worldtefl.com.) Are they a good organization? Provide good training? Helpful with job placement? My daughter (those questions sound like a mother's!), a recent US college graduate, is interested in getting some training in teaching English and then teaching in Costa Rica. Any other suggestions for reputable TEFL/TESOL programs, preferably in/near San Jose?
Thanks.
funk_squared

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Instituto Britanico Reply with quote

Hello,

One option is the CELTA course through Instituto Britanico in San Jose, Costa Rica.

CELTA is one of, if not THE most recognized and respected ESL certificates.

http://www.institutobritanico.co.cr/ing/unique.html

I have heard only good things about the school. I have only had good experiences, Except that they canceled the CELTA course I had signed up for less than 4 weeks from the scheduled start date. This was due to late cancelations and general low enrollment for the scheduled Oct-Nov CELTA course.

They will have another starting in mid-January which hopefully will not be canceled.

-John
s-in-va

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: RE- World Language Center Reply with quote

Funk-Squared - THanks for the reply. Did you mean that an October Instituto Britanico course had been cancelled, or a World Language Center October course? My daughter had actually been planning on attending the WLC October course in San Jose when we learned this week that it was cancelled. She's trying to figure out what to do now - wait for the January course, try another company, or what.

I had seen good things about Instituto Britanico in this forum.
Thanks.
funk_squared

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Canceled course Reply with quote

Wow, there are lots of canceled courses in Costa Rica.

I was refering to Instituto Britanico Oct course which was canceled.
doreenp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: tefl courses Reply with quote

i know that Intercultura in Heredia was starting to offer TEFL course certification and i believe the one in October will be running. try www.interculturacostarica.com

good luck
d
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Costa Rica All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: