Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Amerispan in Costa Rica or elsewhere in Latin America

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Costa Rica
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Katherine T.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Amerispan in Costa Rica or elsewhere in Latin America Reply with quote

Has anyone worked with Amerispan in finding a Spanish Language Program plus homestay and or a volunteer position? Are they reputable?

Is is best to spend at least a month (in an immersion course) trying to learn Spanish before trying to find a job as an English teacher?
doreenp

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never heard of Amerispan so i can�t help you there. However learning to speak the language will help you to live more easily in the country. It has nothing to do with teaching English here. All interviews are conducted in English and I refuse to speak any Spanish in the classroom. Spanish would help you to understand the beginner students when they can�t put their questions into English but I insist on English only in the classrooms.

I have lived here for over a year now and am finally taking classes. You only learn so much from immersion and now that i�ve improved my vocabulary i need to learn how to create whole sentences! Very Happy

what area are you thinking of coming to?
good luck and cheers
d
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Costa Rica All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: