Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm trying to understand the earlier thread on cfBT

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SandyMan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: I'm trying to understand the earlier thread on cfBT Reply with quote

Hi,

I've been looking at the job advertised by cfBT Oman (Ruwi) at www.tefl.com, but reading the thread on cfBT Oman below has left me somewhat bewildered. The thread seems to have ended some time in August with some mysterious references to a "CEO" who has an address at "a hotel" - all in response to someone asking for current information on cfBT.

The contact name for the job is clearly listed in the job advert, and a quick search online reveals that this gentleman got a hearty goodbye from members of the Oxford Theatre Guild as he set off to "manage a English language centre in Oman for a few years" (www.oxfordtheatreguild.com/GN-Sept2005.pdf) back in September. Can I assume that he is replacing this earlier "CEO"? And that cfBT Oman is now under new management? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick here?

Also, is $2,100/ month + housing about average for someone with an MA, DELTA and ten years experience? And what kind of place is Ruwi?

I'd be grateful for any insight!

SandyMan
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't tell you anything about the latest news of this company, but with your credentials, I would expect a minimum of around 800 OR + the usual Gulf benefits.

Ruwi is part of the capital area/Muscat. It is the commercial area. I would consider it a good location, but people who go to Oman for the 'village' experience may not find it to their liking.

VS
SandyMan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

veiledsentiments wrote:
I can't tell you anything about the latest news of this company, but with your credentials, I would expect a minimum of around 800 OR + the usual Gulf benefits.

Ruwi is part of the capital area/Muscat. It is the commercial area. I would consider it a good location, but people who go to Oman for the 'village' experience may not find it to their liking.

VS

Hi veiledsentiments,

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. I've just been contacted by CfBT and the posts have already been filled, so I'll turn my focus on Saudi and the UAE again.

SandyMan
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck...

VS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Oman All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: