Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need a degree ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HaleyO

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 8:53 pm    Post subject: Need a degree ?? Reply with quote

Hello All.

My friend and I are considering going to Thailand to teach English in the next couple of months although before we go, we have a lot of questions that need answering!

We are both female Canadians in our early 20's who have just recently completed our TESOL courses and posess 2 year technical diplomas.

Our number one question at the moment is whether or not a person need to have some sort of a degree or not to teach in Thailand. Our visions of teaching Taiwan have already been crushed due to this degree law.

Any information you could give would be very appreciative! Also, if it ends up that you do need a degree, where else would one want to look for a job where the weather is tropical/on the warmer side......coming from Western Canada, I've had more than enough of my share of the colder weather.

Feel free to email me any information as well.

Haley
markoinbangkok

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opportunities in Thailand for lady teachers are in abundance. Although the law requires that you must have a degree the fact still remains that you will almost certainly have no problems getting work here.

Actually this is the best time of year to come here and start looking. Basically the schools want you to teach, and you want to work for them. You are on the same side, so don't worry too much about being bogged down with the small stuff like 'have I got a degree'! I don't have a degree. And if you really need one, just buy one in BKK Very Happy

Flippant reply? Sure, but realistic also. Come on in... the water is luvverly!

Mark Newman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: