Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teaching in Patras

View previous topic :: View next topic  
going_places

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Teaching in Patras Reply with quote

My father and half my family is from Patras and I was if anyone here is teaching ESL there at the moment? I noticed a few language schools there in passing, but never really checked them out.

Other questions:

What is the process like for an American with a B.A. in English to get work there?

Is fluency in Greek a requirement?

What are the language schools like there?

Are there any alternatives near Patras (Olympia, Italico for example).

Does anyone here teach in a public school?

Thanks guys Wink
going_places

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tipota? Ela magas.. Pamae!
VICKIMAZIS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: TEACHING IN PATRAS Reply with quote

Hi,

Since no one else has responded i have decided to. i taught in patras between sept 02 and paril 03. i worked for access and i want to tell you - keep away from them. patras is a small town and there are lots of natives wanting teaching english work so you might find a job - you might not - but if you're despeate they'll take advantage of you - as they did with me. i was offered other work with pretty good pay - so if you're lucky you might find something good. if you're very keen. leave your resume at english book shops - where they sell materials for frontistirios - and you'll have people ringing you up. generally you need a teachers license but if you have eu citizenship you could work as a 'foreigner'. each school is allowed ot have one 'foreign' teacher working for ever 10 native. hope this helps

vicki bucaj
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Greece All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: