Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Distance to Saudi

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Breathing

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject: Distance to Saudi Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me (in kilometers or miles) how far it is to drive from Doha to Saudi? What is the name of the Saudi city or the border crossing?

THANK YOU!
scot47

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no maps in doha ?
Bindair Dundat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: Distance to Saudi Reply with quote

Breathing wrote:
Can anyone tell me (in kilometers or miles) how far it is to drive from Doha to Saudi? What is the name of the Saudi city or the border crossing?

THANK YOU!

If you're going into KSA, it's about 85 km to Abu Samra. If you want the road to the UAE, it's more like 120 km to Markaz.
dmb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can westerners drive across the border? I thought we weren't allowed.
Stephen Jones

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to drive to Bahrain you can get a transit visa, no problem.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? Is this something new? It has been notoriously difficult for people who wanted to drive from Doha to the UAE because they couldn't get the Saudi transit visa.

Or was it just hard for tourists and easy if you have a residence/work visa? (and are male...)

VS
Bindair Dundat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmb wrote:
Can westerners drive across the border? I thought we weren't allowed.

You need a visa AND you need to be driving your own car. "Westerners" were never prohibited from entering KSA. Non-Muslims, now, that's another story. Wink
shadrack

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: From UAE to Doha? Reply with quote

Is it possible to drive from UAE to Qatar? Do I need a stack of visas?
Bindair Dundat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: From UAE to Doha? Reply with quote

shadrack wrote:
Is it possible to drive from UAE to Qatar? Do I need a stack of visas?

It is possible, but you'd better check with the Saudi and Qatar consulates in the UAE to find out if you're good enough.
sharlly17

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can drive your own car to Saudi. Distance from Salwa (Qatar) to Riyadh is approximately 700km. Distance from Riyadh to Jeddah close to 900km. Please be aware WOMEN absolutely can not drive inside Saudi at anytime. You will face big fine (I believe somewhere close to 900 Saudi Riyal). There are many check points on the highway for speeding and this purpose.

Now, which part of Saudi would you like to visit. I know that you can not enter MEKAH and Madinah (its muslim only city). There are check points everywhere before you enter those cities. But, if you like to visit Riyadh and Jeddah its okay. To obtain a visa to Saudi will take close to 2 weeks time. If you just want to go to UAE you need to have your Permanent Residence Card with you go to UAE embassy and get the visa and then you go to Saudi's Embassy (it shows that you just pass thru).

Emirates has new policy for tourists who want to drive from Qatar. You must stay minimum for 6 months in Qatar with your valid P.R.

But again, you are living in Gulf. All those rules could be ignored if the officer is in good mood. But if he is not in good mood, he make sure your live is miserable. So have fun. Its worth the trouble because driving on the highway dessert is beautiful. But, you ALMOST get the same feeling driving from San Francisco to Nevada Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Qatar All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: