Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Month in Pattaya

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Russell

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:06 am    Post subject: A Month in Pattaya Reply with quote

I will be coming to Pattaya in August for a month rest. Can any wise ones give me some advice on things there? I hope to get some medical work done, mostly a check up. Also some slacks tailored. I want to do a week long PADI course. Where is a reasonably cheap but nice place to stay-I want to be there for a month so can I rent a bungalow on a week-to-week basis?????

Any advice would be much appreciated. Been teaching 40+ hours a week in Korea and am desperate for a rest.

Thanks

Russell
Tabitha Smallpiece

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pattaya, hardly my choice for R. and R. Rather expensive, and indeed a medical check up would indeed be a wise precaution after a month in Pattaya.

The ladies in town are indeed of a dubious moral standard to say the least, and the prices are in the stratosphere . I suggest that you try somewhere like Baeng Sen or further down the coast from Pattaya .

It was once stated by a Thai of some note that if any deity decided to administer an enema to Thailand, that indeed Pattaya would be the place where the enema pipe would be best inserted. Rolling Eyes
sigmoid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 5:59 am    Post subject: avoid pattaya Reply with quote

Yes, there are so many other beach places in Thailand, why go to Pattaya? As the best known sex tourism destination in Thailand I'm sure it is over-developed, polluted, sleazy and a rip-off. Not really sure though - I've never been there.

Have another look at the map, Russ... Very Happy
Mac

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pattaya is a place where the beaches are full of garbage and broken glass so you have to be careful where you walk also they have a long pipe which runs from the major hotels near the beach and the pipe runs right into the sea. They are pumping raw sewage into the ocean. I would suggest going to Hua Hin farther down the coast and a lot cleaner. The atmosphere is much nicer.
weree

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want rest, sorry no one comes to rest in Pattaya. It is nightlife in full swing with lots of motorbike sand crazy foreigners om Harleys roaring on all roads. But you can stay in Naklua just befor ePattaya, a lot of German expatriates.
I have been here a year now and I can avoid teh noise now, I don't stay in the red district area or tourist area where kms of girliebars litter the roads on the beach. I will leave soon, but the place I stay at now is cheap and absolutely quiet. I have changed 5 times in one year, this is the first time I can have a long night's rest. Go to Condo 9 Karat in pattaya Klang, (all motorbiker taxis know it )(central) they have 12 floors, air and fan room for fan 2700 baht a month, 4000 baht for air + elctricity and water extra and one month advance! swimmingpool. and 15 min walk from the beach or 5 on a taxi motorbike.
Naklua has better and really nice beach better than Jomtien south of pattaya.
To other commentators who say the have never been here, then why you comment on it?
There is of course the more pristinew beaches at Koh Chang

enjoy

Alann
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
joe
Mod Team
Mod Team

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agreed - Koh Chang is the place to be if you want to relax

pattaya is just bar after bar full of nasty girls trying to get your money
tcb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if rest is really what you are looking for pattaya is not your destination. there are many nice beaches on that coast, give ko-samet a try, chok dee !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: