Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CD Copies and Customs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rollingchris

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 8:05 pm    Post subject: CD Copies and Customs Reply with quote

I was planning on copying my computer software and leaving the originals at home but heard somewhere that customs confiscates anything that is not original. Is this true?? I do have quite a few copied music cd's as well. Thanks!

Confused
abudhabi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question Rolling Chris - I'd like to find out this too. However, the twice I've been to Dubai, no one searched my luggage at all.
grand fromage

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same experience as Abudhabi when I flew in to Dubai-they don't seem to care. However, Abudhabi (no pun intended Wink is a different story. There is a much higher probability they will look at your stuff, but I have never heard that they object to copies-unless of course it's something they want to take home to watch in the pravacy of their majlis Wink
ohman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:50 pm    Post subject: ethics? Reply with quote

Are you a moral relativist? Blackmarket software programs are only a whisper away in any computer outlet in the UAE. Kazaa and high speed connections are as well. hint hint
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: