Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Overseas Medical Check----Z Visa
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JerkyBoy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plumpy nut wrote:
This is my understanding. Your medical check can probably be done by any physician. I didn't use a hospital. Although I would probably use an MD or a DO. You know how haughty the barbarian embassies from third world countries can be when it comes to superficial aspects of some thing. The medical check has to be done in your country of origin, this last piece of information is what I was told outright by the school that hired me.

My school told me you can get the medical done anywhere.

So which is it?
JerkyBoy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Listerine"]
MuscatGary wrote:
ajmci wrote:
Alien abductee wrote:
Just get the whole medical as per that form done and take it with you when you apply for the visa.

Yeah, I would but how?? The form wants chest X-ray report, ECG and lab test report for AIDS, Syphilis etc! My GP can't do all that and getting referred would take months

Has anyone managed to get such a medical report completed in the UK?

You need to go to a travel clinic. Not cheap in the UK. I'm from the UK but had all of that done in Spain for less than 200 euros at a private clinic. It took a couple of days. Maybe worth a quick holiday?

Bearing in mind an embassy / consulate in one country may not accept a medical check from another country. I applied in Bangkok and they refused my 2 week old Korean medical check claiming it was too difficult to verify being issued in a different country, and that I'd need to do it again in Thailand. I ended up doing THREE medical checks to come to China the first time. Good ole bureaucracy.

WTF
joshbhoy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I've got a question about the form itself. The school who offered me the job sent me a copy of the form which is different to any other version of the form I've seen. I turned up at a private medical clinic in the UK today to get it filled out and the doctor had a different form. The issue is in the blood test section. Mine says as well as HIV and Syphilis that I need RPR, PTTA, HbsAG, Anti HPC and ALT GPT. The form the doctor had costed it on only had HIV and Syphilis and I also found a form asking for some of the other things mentioned but not all of them. My question is what form should I do as the one I've been sent with the extra blood results requested adds on another £70 for those tests?
wuliuchiba

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently in China already but will have to go back home for a few months to apply for a new Z-visa (I'm currently on a tourist visa). I'm wondering if it is possible for me to do a health check here in China and use that one when applying for a Z-visa in the U.S. A health check in the U.S. would be much more expensive and I'd have to do the Chinese health exam all over again once I arrived in China anyway.
Adeem

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wuliuchiba wrote:
I'm currently in China already but will have to go back home for a few months to apply for a new Z-visa (I'm currently on a tourist visa). I'm wondering if it is possible for me to do a health check here in China and use that one when applying for a Z-visa in the U.S. A health check in the U.S. would be much more expensive and I'd have to do the Chinese health exam all over again once I arrived in China anyway.

That is a very good plan. Having sold my first born to fund the very expensive medical in London this week, I would suggest spending the 800 kuai or so in China is a very sound investment.

Just make sure that the gap between taking the medical and applying for the z visa paperwork is within the rules. Ask the FAO at your new school.
MDSloth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys,

My employer and doctor are both at a loss about exactly what blood tests are needed, could anyone whose had all the tests done give me a list of what tests are needed?
Frances10

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Medical checks for China Visa in UK Reply with quote

The information I have is that this does mean paying for the medical examination. My GP surgery charges for this service, but also can't complete all the tests eg X ray. The most reasonable potential charge I have found for the full service completed in London is £375.....
jaybet3

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@MDSloth,

I just got my medical check results done in Chongqing and this is what is listed under blood tests.

WBC, RBC, PLT, HGB, NEUT, LYM. Your doctor will know what these mean.

There's also the Anti-HIV, Syphilis Serology, Anti-HCV, ALT(GPT) and HBs Ag.

Anyway, whatever test you do OUTSIDE China will have to be repeated once you arrive in China.

Embrace the process and laugh!!!
indoboy17

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my medical check up done in Taiwan at a general hospital. They filled in the form in chinese that my school provided me with. Everything came to 45 pounds gbp. I sent it to my school the other day and now they have got my other documents. Waiting for my online work permit number before applying in HK for my Z visa
RonnieColeman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone done the medical check in London recently? If so how much did you spend?
Non Sequitur

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indoboy17 wrote:
I got my medical check up done in Taiwan at a general hospital. They filled in the form in chinese that my school provided me with. Everything came to 45 pounds gbp. I sent it to my school the other day and now they have got my other documents. Waiting for my online work permit number before applying in HK for my Z visa

How did you get on?
Z in HK is almost unheard of, assuming you are a native speaker from one of the 5 source countries.
If the process is as you describe, this could be the work around we have been looking for.
Normally we are asked to apply from home country which means another airfare.
nimadecaomei

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Non Sequitur wrote:

How did you get on?
Z in HK is almost unheard of, assuming you are a native speaker from one of the 5 source countries.
If the process is as you describe, this could be the work around we have been looking for.
Normally we are asked to apply from home country which means another airfare.

Four people plus myself have gotten our work visas in HK. Go to the HK office and watch. I am not saying that it is common or easy, but if the paperwork is in order it happens. Unheard of is a bit far in my opinion.
Non Sequitur

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Wait till you get to China Reply with quote

lost&confused wrote:
The embassy told me a general practioner was fine as long as he/she performed all the tests listed on the BG-14 Physical Examination for Foreigner form. So, I went to my family doctor who did all that - blood work, X-ray, EKG and all the rest and signed the form. Then I emailed a scanned copy of the form to my prospective China employer.

Great! Problem was as soon as I got to China, my employer took me to the local hospital (along with other teachers) and repeated the whole thing again. All of it. From what I've heard, this is SOP throughout China.

So, why spend your own money? My advice is to wait till you get to China (my test there was very professional using new, clean disposable syringes) and let your employer pay, since he probably will whether you have it done at home or not.

This is the standard process which has been in place since at least 2004. You need the home country check to get a Z visa. The check in China is to get your PR sticker for your passport.
You pay for home country medical and employer pays for in-China examination.
rioux

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just informed by 2 recruiters that I can do my Physical Exam when I come to China. No need to do it in the USA they said.

Is there any truth to their claim?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24
Page 24 of 24

Jump to: