Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Short term employment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jennie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 7:57 pm    Post subject: Short term employment Reply with quote

Hi, I am heading over to Indonesia sometime in November for the purpose of teaching English. I have taken a TESOL course but do not have a degree. Because this will be my first time doing this I thought it would be better to actually be there to find a job and also make sure I like the area before I commit from Canada. Is it easy to find work this way?

I am also wondering about short term contracts. I am not wanting to sign on for a whole year at this time. Are there any opportunities there for this? I realize most schools want someone for at least a year. Thanks for any information!

Jen
ls650

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: Short term employment Reply with quote

jennie wrote:
I have taken a TESOL course but do not have a degree.
I am also wondering about short term contracts.

I think there is short-term work, but only if you are actually in Indonesia and banging on doors asking for work. Anything you pre-arrange from outside the country will be a one-year contract; I've never heard of anyone pre-arranging something shorter in Indonesia.

One suggestion might be to contact various schools, and offer to work a short-term contract without requiring reimbursement for your plane ticket, or offer to cover the cost of your work permits (about $1000 CND) yourself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: