Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

In't School Update: WARNING REAL TEACHERS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
senor boogie woogie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hola!

If that kid threw a book at me, I would have thrown him against the wall. I would of lost my job, but the first week of kids saying F YOU and MOTHERF####R, I would have walked off anyway. Too many jobs to put up with all that.

I worked in Korea and in my opinion, a lot of the kids there were that way, disciplinary nightmares. I've had some jerk off Chinese kids, but most of them are good to deal with. Chinese by and large are happy that a foreigner is at their school (good face, the chance to make money, etc.)

SENOR
Roger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really downlifting experiences, guys! I have some of my own, but not quite that bad!

When Chinese primary pupils make a nuisance of themselves (their talking is louder than the rumbling of a truck outside), I would stand the culprits in a corner. After five minutes, I allow them to sit down again. Quite often, their private conversations and fooling resume, so I stand them in the corridor outside the classroom!

Now this is what I cannot understand:
If a Chinese teacher with power comes along, they routinely put these miscreants back in class, saying "they are missing their English lesson..." or something like that!

Yet, if a Chinese teacher has to deal with undisciplined students, they punish them in a variety of ways, some of which I totally approve of, some I find a wee bit over the top (including physical handling!).

So, the one person that is misbehaving in a Chinese classroom is the foreign teacher, not the CHinese student. Unthe class is being held by a Chinese teacher...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: