Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dongchen International School, Mianyang - Advice?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maxine

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 8:11 pm    Post subject: Dongchen International School, Mianyang - Advice? Reply with quote

Hi

Does anyone have any experience of Dongchen International School in Mianyang?

What is Mianyang like?

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Maxine
Roger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This school generated some truly horrible-sounding news lately by one disgruntled ex-teacher. True or not - I would not want to be his successor!

MIanyang is just one huge and ugly sprawl of concrete with hardly anything cultural thrown in. I would not even visit it in a Rolls ROyce at someone else's expense!

If you want to find out about your future experiences in a Chinese city, I suggest you purchase a LONELY PLANET first thing, so you can make an educated decision!
Tubbo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:24 am    Post subject: AVOID: MIANYANG DONGCHEN SCHOOL IN SICHUAN PROVINCE CHINA!!! Reply with quote

Exclamation STOP... DON'T DO IT!!! DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID! JUST DON'T GO THERE! MIANYANG IS A TERRIBLE, FILTHY CITY! MY LUNGS WERE CLOGGED WITH COAL DUST THE ENTIRE TIME I WAS THERE! THE SCHOOL IS ALSO FILTHY AND TOTALLY DISORGANISED. MADAME DIRECTOR AMY WANG HAS MENTAL PROBLEMS... I.E. SHE'S NUTS! IF YOU ASK QUESTIONS OR WANT TO KNOW ANYTHING THEN YOU ARE A TROUBLE MAKER. SHE POINTED TO A CLASSROOM ON OUR FIRST DAY AND SAID 'TEACH'!

PLEASE READ THE JOB INFORMATION JOURNAL FOR MORE HORROR STORIES ABOUT THIS TERRIBLE SCHOOL.

JUST DON'T GO THERE!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: