Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Summer jobs??
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sheikh Inal Ovar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How good is your tap-dancing, juggling, or fire-eating ... you might be able to get a job on one of the summer hotel entertainment teams ...

... or what about a speciality act from your home country ... German tuba players (lederhosen and tuba required) ... Vienese Waltzers ... Russian bear wrestlers (bear required) ...
molly farquharson

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most language schools do not hire for just the summer, and ET does not give such short contracts at any time anyway.

You might look at the summer schools for kids at Doga Koleji and Robert College. if you spoke Turkish you could google for summer schools in Istanbul, as I know there are more. make sure they provide housing and don't bother about the work visa, as it is too long a process for such a short time.
yaramaz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may or may not be 100% accurate, but I'm getting the feeling that EF might have a lot of summer work, at least in Levent. I was asking my DoS about taking a month or two off at that time to travel and mentioned that I figured it shouldn't be a scheduling problem since summers aren't busy usually in dersanes and she said that actually things have changed and that it had been unusually busy last summer and likely will be the same this coming summer. I don't know about 3 month contracts, but it can't hurt to ask- I think they were doing them at the Suadiye branch a few years ago to cover all the teachers taking holidays. They pay salaries.
Otterman Ollie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically if you think you can come over here when most fee paying students are on the beach and in the night clubs or getting laid, a summer school is really the last thing on most peoples minds ,do you really want to teach in all that heat ?
tararu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you could contact some of the large hotels down south and see if they have any English programs running in the summer for their customers. Also, many rich families here need a nanny for the summer months. They like to have someone to look after their kids as they frolick down in Bodrum. You could try Anglo Nannies in Levent.
amandakay

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for all your suggestions! Molly- Unfortunately, I do not speak Turkish. Do you happen to have the email addresses to the summer schools you were referencing?
I would prefer to teach English this summer because I think that is what I want to do post graduation, but I would really take anything. Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Turkey All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: