Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MLI Ad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cleopatra

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 12:23 pm    Post subject: MLI Ad Reply with quote

I've just seen an ad right here on Dave's International Jobs Board, where the MLI were looking to recruit people for this academic year. It said something like "We will continue to advertise until the end of July."

But it's September. A little odd, don't you think?
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cleo,

I found it strange myself, but they have always run lots and lots of ads. Apparently they want to maintain a steady influx of CVs or something. At first I thought that they were looking for people soon, but was surprised when it said the interviews were next July.

How many people are thinking this far in advance in this field? Smile

VS
well-travelled

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No - it's for July this year, so someone's slipped up, perhaps copying and pasting an old advertisement.

Probably means they still haven't filled all the posts at Khalifa College in Al Ain.

Not bad pay or conditions by the sounds of it, but the 45-days holiday allowance is a bit on the stingy side for the UAE.

well-travelled
grand fromage

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree it was probably a screw-up on someone's part. Not suprising if you remember that AMIDEAST, an American company managing MLI was not renewed (fired) around June. It was their people that posted on Dave's. Strange though as the guy who posted these messages was the only person asked to stay by the army. I guess he was so overwhelmed by the sudden changes he became even more absentminded than usually.
kaw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 3:42 am    Post subject: MLI Ad Reply with quote

I found the ad. for MLI very odd as well especially as a colleague and I had both applied and had interviews but then told "thanks but no thanks". We naturally presumed - and by what we had been told on our emails that they had filled the positions available with people interviewed months before in the US, Canada and the UK.
Maybe they all drpooed out or it was an admin. error on their part to put the ad. back in.
Who knows - this is the Middle East remember and often there is no logical explanation..............a case or the X-files maybe Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: