Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teaching in Cusco
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joeandjen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks NG for the info! Cusco for now but we are open to anywhere. Why do you have a suggestion?

Thanks again we can't wait!

J ansd J
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's lots of places in Lima, but it's too stressful here. If you want info about Lima, PM or email me.

For Trujillo try Fleming

For Arequipa try Prescott

For Piura try UDEP

Hope this helps
Gusss

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worked at both these places.

At ICPNA my class was only about twelve people. I was there one month.

EXCEL . Ah yes . The aggressive woman. LOL ! Yes she is a bit eh ? But shes alright really. She doesn't mess around with your wages which is what counts.

They were both light years better than some of my teaching experiences in the jungle.
rucontent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

naturegirl321 wrote:
There's lots of places in Lima, but it's too stressful here. If you want info about Lima, PM or email me.

For Trujillo try Fleming

For Arequipa try Prescott

For Piura try UDEP

Hope this helps

What's stressful about it? The quest for visitor's dollars? or tyraNNICAL government official types.?
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The traffic, people, shouting, whistling, dirt, no rules, bribes.
ashleyanew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't hear anything about Maximo and the length of the contracts....????
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ashleyanew wrote:

Six months, but they have a no compete clause, which means that you can't teach at any other institute or teach privates while you work for them. And 6 months after you're country can't teach privates or anywhere in Peru! Whether or not this is enforced, I highly doubt. How could they know if you go to Lima? Shocked
Fazilee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:59 am    Post subject: ICPNA, EXCEL, MAXIMO NIVEL Reply with quote

Hi! I am a recent college graduate with a B.A. and TESL certificate hoping to teach English in Cusco, Peru. Can anyone tell me how I might be able to get a job at ICPNA, Excel, or Maximo Nivel? (especially the first two, as I've heard a lot of complaints about Maximo). I went on the websites of ICPNA and Excel but I can't find anything on their English programs or how to contact them. If anyone has any advice about this, or more information about these institutions, please post a reply. Any info would be much appreciated.
Thanks so much!
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ICPNA, i-m pretty sure that you have to be legal to do so.
www.icpnacusco.org
[email protected]

For Excel, try
[email protected]

Maximo Nivel
[email protected]
[email protected]
TOMASB

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:45 pm    Post subject: Cusco private lessons Reply with quote

Hello

This message is intended for nature girl because she appears so knowledgable about Cusco and ESL. However, I need 5 posts before I am allowed to PM.

My question is related to what hourly pay rates I should charge in Cusco for private English lessons. I am CELTA equivalent certified and have 35 years experience in the US with business and government entities.

I recently moved to Cusco and have my first client next week, a university student who desires to improve her English. I hope to have more as I decided that working for Maximo or other ESL schools in Cusco is not for me.

Thanks.

PS For what it is worth, I pay 8.50 per hour for private Spanish lessons at a school in the San Blas area of Cusco.
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:28 am    Post subject: Re: Cusco private lessons Reply with quote

TOMASB wrote:
This message is intended for nature girl because she appears so knowledgable about Cusco and ESL. However, I need 5 posts before I am allowed to PM.

My question is related to what hourly pay rates I should charge in Cusco for private English lessons. I am CELTA equivalent certified and have 35 years experience in the US with business and government entities.

I recently moved to Cusco and have my first client next week, a university student who desires to improve her English. I hope to have more as I decided that working for Maximo or other ESL schools in Cusco is not for me.

PS For what it is worth, I pay 8.50 per hour for private Spanish lessons at a school in the San Blas area of Cusco.

Hey, sorry, don't know about Cusco. Know about TEFL and Peru, but not Cusco. For privates in Peru I was charging $5 in Piura and up to $15 in Lima. Piura was in 2004 to 2006 and Lima was from 2006 to 2010. I'd say try to go for $10 in cusco, they'll probably try to bargain with you. It also depends on what you're teaching. YL or Business English, you can command more.

35 years exp! wow more than I have on earth Smile Charge at least $10 then. If you want, you can email me on naturegirl321 at yahoo.com
Dee35

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

naturegirl321 wrote:
ashleyanew wrote:

Six months, but they have a no compete clause, which means that you can't teach at any other institute or teach privates while you work for them. And 6 months after you're country can't teach privates or anywhere in Peru! Whether or not this is enforced, I highly doubt. How could they know if you go to Lima? Shocked

I got my letter of recomendation from MN and it never states I 'worked' there [I think it says something about donation of time or such and some other nice things], so for them to prove someone worked there, they would have to admit to hiring under the table [and I am not saying they do that Shocked ]
So, yeah, I def agree with Nature Girl... Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Peru All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: