Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TACA or Lasca Airlines

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HollyC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:13 am    Post subject: TACA or Lasca Airlines Reply with quote

Hi. Does anyone know much about these airlines? I've never heard of them but there are some really cheap deals on these 2 airlines. THanks.
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't heard of them, but new airlines pop up all the time, THere was Wayra, now Gol in Peru. If they have deals, but them while you can.

HOw much will your flight be?
HollyC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: airlines Reply with quote

Well, I found these 2 airlines on travelocity.com. They were were very cheap but I believe that TACA stops over in El Salvador first so I'm assuming maybe it's a company from there and Lasca flies to Costa Rica first. I believe for a 1 way, it was about $490 USD from Los Angeles to Lima. not bad since when I talked to a travel agent, they told me it was $1300 for a 1 way from Hawaii. I cant get a 1-way ticket from Hawaii-Lima for around $700. I was just curious if anyone had comments because I know in Asia there are some airlines that I refuse to take no matter how cheap they are because that particular airlines is always getting into trouble or crashing. (yikes)
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: airlines Reply with quote

HollyC wrote:
Well, I found these 2 airlines on travelocity.com. They were were very cheap but I believe that TACA stops over in El Salvador first so I'm assuming maybe it's a company from there and Lasca flies to Costa Rica first. I believe for a 1 way, it was about $490 USD from Los Angeles to Lima. not bad since when I talked to a travel agent, they told me it was $1300 for a 1 way from Hawaii. I cant get a 1-way ticket from Hawaii-Lima for around $700. I was just curious if anyone had comments because I know in Asia there are some airlines that I refuse to take no matter how cheap they are because that particular airlines is always getting into trouble or crashing. (yikes)

Those are good prices. I haven't heard about them crashing.
sarahb12345678

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i flew from NY to Quito using TACA. I believe that they are a fairly big international airline in south america. I had no problems.
HollyC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:34 am    Post subject: airlines Reply with quote

Thanks. I just booked my tickets with TACA. I'm headed to Lima in 3 weeks. Can't wait!
VanKen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:39 am    Post subject: Re: TACA or Lacsa Airlines Reply with quote

HollyC wrote:
Does anyone know much about these airlines? I've never heard of them but there are some really cheap deals on these 2 airlines.

TACA is a Salvadorean airline and LACSA is Costa Rican. Both are reputable airlines that have been flying for 30+ years. My choice for travel in Central America or points south. Smile
nineisone

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've flown both Taca and Lacsa. As mentioned both are Central American carriers. Taca represents the nat. airline for El Salvador, Honduras, and Nicaragua. Lacsa for Costa Rica.

Both are good quality. In terms of service I would sometimes rank both above the American carriers. Used to be able to find real cheap fares with them, but in the last few years they have risen. Glad you were able to find tickets with them cheap. You won't regret it.
maccaliam

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually just managed to find a one-way flight from Buf to Lima (via NYC) in late October for $390 Canadian (after tax too!) with TACA. Bargain!
Both TACA and a colombian airline (i believe it was Avianca) were the same price or close to it.
My girlfriend and I are seriously excited! Now we just need to learn a little more "espanol" before leaving.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Peru All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: