Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Doing 4 week course with EF, suggest places?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dustyboat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 8:03 am    Post subject: Doing 4 week course with EF, suggest places? Reply with quote

Hi there,

I am just about to embark on a 4 week course with EF in Hove. Once I have passed, I will be offered a choice of 3 places to work in Indonesia. I have heard conflicting opinions, so any suggestions would be appreciated. I've heard Bandung is ok, but what are the other places like? what about resourses? any places that are a must to visit? anywhere I shouldn't eat? are there any companies that will help me and my girlfriend find a place to live? What schools other than EF can you recommend for my girlfriend(B.A, M.A and CELTA)? Thanks for your help!! Wink
ls650

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: Doing 4 week course with EF, suggest places? Reply with quote

dustyboat wrote:
I will be offered a choice of 3 places to work in Indonesia. I've heard Bandung is ok, but what are the other places like? Wink

I've heard varying reports: some EF schools are good, some suck. Tell us what schools besides Bandung and maybe we can help you out...
dustyboat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 8:28 am    Post subject: other EF schools.... Reply with quote

thanks for your response,

this is the thing, I don't know what schools are open to me until the 2nd week of the course, I'm just trying to arm myself with as much info as I can to help me make my decision. I'd heard good things about Bandung and Medan, but that's all really. I don't really care about money, but I do care about polution and personal space, so I already know I don't want to go to Jakarta!!!! Any info on any schools (non EF aswell for my girlfriend) would be appreciated. Along with any 'need -to- know' facts about living in Indonesia you might have.Or email addresses of people you know that could advise me, anything would help. Again thanks for the esponse. Are you still in Indo, or are you teaching somewhere else? take care.

Justin Very Happy
Winmar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a couple of people who wouldn't mind working at EF in Yogyakarta, so I guess that might be a good one to work at. I'm not sure though. Yogya's a popular place.
masuk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there.
I worked with EF Yogya for 12 months, and they're a nice group of teachers and staff. Howver, we were always trying to get a decent salary, and so far as I know, it's still the same - the lowest of all EF schools in Indonesia. Yogya is a lovely city, and there's lots of interesting places to see. However, most landlords/ladies want 12 months rent up front, so be prepared to fork out more than a month's salary on this alone. The school has no-one to help with finding a house, although the teachers will give you advice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: