Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

peruvian work permit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sistaray

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: peruvian work permit Reply with quote

Peruvian work permits:

allow you to

1) work for the person or company listed on the permit

or

2) work in Peru, period.

Or maybe there are varying degrees of them?

thanks
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Work in Peru, however some companies may make you sign a contract that only allows you to work for them. So keep it quiet if you want to work somewhere else. But this mean that you have to continue working for the place that got you the visa.

If you want to stop working for them, chances are that they'll cancel your visa.
Prof.Gringo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK.... I am wondering if I am married to a Peruvian and move to Peru do I "automatically" qualify for a work permit? And this allows me to work at any company/job as long as someone will hire me?

I have been in Mexico almost 3 years. Here the visa, the FM-3 is issued to do only one certain job at a certain company. Example: English Teacher, ABC school, Mexico City.

If you want to change jobs, even at the same company a person technically has to go back to immigration and apply to change jobs or employers. Many people just work with one employer in their FM-3 and then work somewhere else under the table. Or they just work on a tourist visa, totally under the table.

Also, what are the chances of finding work in another line of work other than teaching English? What is the unemployment rate like in Lima? What are some typical salaries?
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. However, you get a PEB visa, which is a resident visa that allows you to work legally. REad the UPL for info on how to get the marriage visa. You'll have to leave the contry to pick it up.

YOu can work for whoever you want and you are responsible for renewing the visa, not the employer, which is better for you.

Do you speak Spanish? YOu could get another job, but it might not pay well. That being said, the ex-president's daughter's husband works at IBM and makes 3000USD a month, HOwever, most Peruvians will start at 150USD a month, so English teaching pays much better.

Typical English teaching salaries are about 5 USD an hour, expect to make 500 to 700 a month. Are you qualified to teach English? If you have a cert and QTS, you could teach at an international school and make at least 1000USD a month, and get 15 salaries a year. Read the UPL, there's heaps of info there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Peru All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: