Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newsupdate from BAH

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kaw

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Newsupdate from BAH Reply with quote

To all those poor people in Saudi that have to come over here for something to do at the weekend - here is the latest 'news'.
Costa coffee have opened a new branch in Adliya - virtually next door to their old one and is open 24 hours.
BJs has reopened - there was an 80's night on there last night - wasn't there but am sure it was just the same as it always was....
A new hotel has apparently opened up in Manama - can't remember what it's called - more info to follow - if I can find it out.

Apart from that - it's hot, hot, hot but that's nothing new....
scot47

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Costa Coffee ? 24 Hours ? I think I will stay in Saudi if that is all that you have on offer. No opium dens ? Houses of Ill Repute ?

Or at least a good Bingo Parlour !
kaw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmmm.......let me think about that for a minute or 2.....Think there must be bingo on at the Seashell every weekend as that would explain why there are always lots of Saudi plated cars outside.
Robski

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Costa and Cost at the Shell-hole Reply with quote

kaw wrote:
To all those poor people in Saudi that have to come over here for something to do at the weekend - here is the latest 'news'.
Costa coffee have opened a new branch in Adliya - virtually next door to their old one and is open 24 hours.
BJs has reopened - there was an 80's night on there last night - wasn't there but am sure it was just the same as it always was....
A new hotel has apparently opened up in Manama - can't remember what it's called - more info to follow - if I can find it out.

Apart from that - it's hot, hot, hot but that's nothing new....

Come on, this is a bit old hat. I have the honour of being customer number #2 on the day of opening (some taxi driver came in for change ahead of me and beat me to it). But that was three weeks ago now.

And the fab thing about that 24-hour Costa is that it isn't from the Shell-hole (the Sea Shell the those that haven't been there yet) and easily reachable no matter how guilty you feel. Cool
kaw

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't say it was very recent news - there isn't much of that.
Latest update....................I'm thinking about getting packed up to move - leaving the island in August......if anyone wants any books (mainly girlie stuff) them pm me.
'Hip Hop star' Lloyd Banks (never heard of him), is playing next Wednesday at the Gulf Hotel and finally - temperature is a warm 41 degrees.
Maybe I should become a news reader.....
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Hip-hop guy named Lloyd? That is usually the name of one's plumber or car mechanic. Cool

Could it be that you don't get the cream of the crop of entertainers in June in the gulf?

VS
kaw

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having anyone in Bahrain is a major thing...........
Bebsi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's this Seashells place that everyone is always on about, and where is it? Is it a marine science museum? An antique shop? A cafe for a quiet coffee and an intellectual meditation? Or is it a bingo parlour? Do you win anything there...or lose it????

If so many Saudis go there, maybe it has some religious significance????

Confused Laughing Twisted Evil
kaw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If going to Mecca eases the way to Paradise am sure the Seashell does the same.......although paradise may only last 5 minutes... Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Bahrain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: