Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which schools are good in the Taipei area?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dfpri1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 12:24 pm    Post subject: Which schools are good in the Taipei area? Reply with quote

I will be in Taipei shortly and I am still looking for a teaching job. This will be my first TEFL job having just completed my degree and the i-to-i online TEFL course. I came across KOJEN, is that a good school? Can anyone recommend any other schools in the Taipei area? Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

David.
EOD

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 12:21 am    Post subject: Sites Like This Don't Last Long Reply with quote

This is a newer list. Not bad, if you don't mind a few pop ups.
http://pub57.ezboard.com/fesfitfrm35
taiwan boy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 1:56 am    Post subject: many to choose from Reply with quote

Kojen is OK, especially if you have never taught before. They will actually provide you with some training and have good materials to assist you in preparing lesson plans. The downside is that there pay rates are at the lower end of the scale.

There are so many schools in Taipei that it is impossible to really recommend one. Just have a look around and ask a lot of questions. It's like going shopping. If you were going to buy something that you would use for five or six hours a day, every day for the next year you would ask a lot of questions first. In particular talk to the other foriegn teachers working at the school. If they say they are happy, get paid on time, etc. (when out of earshot of the management) then that school is probably OK.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Taiwan All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: