Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Online/blended Delta

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CKM

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 2:03 am    Post subject: Online/blended Delta Reply with quote

I'm interested in hearing from others who have completed (or are currently doing) the Delta by distance. I already have a thread here asking about intensive options, but my circumstances have changed a little. Also, having done a little research, the online/blended option is starting to seem preferable...more time to engage with material etc.

Thanks
nomad soul

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's also this older thread: You can now do the Delta online!

Online coursework, in general, requires self-motivation as well as solid organization and time management skills.
CKM

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nomad soul wrote:
There's also this older thread: You can now do the Delta online!

Online coursework, in general, requires self-motivation as well as solid organization and time management skills.

Thanks for the link
Elicit

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ll be having a go at module 3 in the coming months.

Once again, like module 1, no official course but rather an external independent submission. I’ll go by an example paper I found and the handbook.

I’ve invested enough money into various pieces of paper over the years, so have no intention of lining any more pockets for the Delta, unless absolutely necessary.
twowheel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just sent out emails to IH Barcelona, Celt Athens, and IH London (Distance Delta) inquiring about their blended Delta programs. I am curious to see what kind of responses I receive.

CKM, did you ever jump into the Delta? I have been thinking about it again lately. Maybe, just maybe...

Warm regards,
twowheel
Unheard Utterance

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twowheel wrote:
I just sent out emails to IH Barcelona, Celt Athens, and IH London (Distance Delta) inquiring about their blended Delta programs. I am curious to see what kind of responses I receive.

CKM, did you ever jump into the Delta? I have been thinking about it again lately. Maybe, just maybe...

Warm regards,
twowheel

I’d do M1/M3 via DD as you can keep working and study in your free time. To understand and process what you’ve learned, I’d recommend the distance program and then knock off M2 when you’ve got the time, money and energy to do M2.
Unheard Utterance

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Online/blended Delta Reply with quote

CKM wrote:
I'm interested in hearing from others who have completed (or are currently doing) the Delta by distance. I already have a thread here asking about intensive options, but my circumstances have changed a little. Also, having done a little research, the online/blended option is starting to seem preferable...more time to engage with material etc.

Thanks

Online is the way to go. You have a lot of time to do the reading and it just worked for me. I’d do the M2 full-time to just get the thing out of the way but it’s quite an expensive venture.
twowheel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unheard Utterance, many thanks for your input.

When I began to look at Delta several years ago, I felt that a full-time intensive program of at least 3 months would be best for me. I have since changed my mind about that.

I now believe that a blended program over 9~12 months suits me best. I agree, online is the way to go for me for Modules 1 and 3.

IH Barcelona and Celt Athens responded to my emails within two days. Celt Athens gave me the information I requested. IH Barcelona responded nicely to my email, but the information I requested from them is still unavailable.

Warm regards,
twowheel
Unheard Utterance

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

twowheel wrote:
Unheard Utterance, many thanks for your input.

When I began to look at Delta several years ago, I felt that a full-time intensive program of at least 3 months would be best for me. I have since changed my mind about that.

I now believe that a blended program over 9~12 months suits me best. I agree, online is the way to go for me for Modules 1 and 3.

IH Barcelona and Celt Athens responded to my emails within two days. Celt Athens gave me the information I requested. IH Barcelona responded nicely to my email, but the information I requested from them is still unavailable.

Warm regards,
twowheel

Let me know if you need any tips or recommended reading, although they give you a comprehensive list when you sign up.

Be prepared to feel like a complete amateur, as the tutors certainly know their stuff!
twowheel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unheard Utterance wrote:
Be prepared to feel like a complete amateur, as the tutors certainly know their stuff!

Ah! On the one hand this will be unnerving and humbling at times, but on the other hand, I shall welcome this as I am looking for a nice professional development opportunity to take my teaching to the next level. Delta fits in nicely with this current goal of mine.

Warm regards,
twowheel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: