Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

International House Santiago de Chile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Latin America Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 1:08 am    Post subject: For vicky Reply with quote

Vicky, are you in Santiago? I'm curious to know where you've looked for teaching positions there...my experience has been very different from yours.

I'm based in Acapulco Mexico and sending our training course grads all over. We just sent two to Santiago and Vina del Mar and they've had zero trouble connecting with the institutes that we place at...of which there are dozens. None of them require only CELTA, nor only DELTA, nor 2 years experience. True the preferrence is for some experience, but we're seeing a lot of first timers land just fine in Santiago.

Guy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
nighthawk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:01 am    Post subject: Acapulco or Mexico City? Reply with quote

Acapulco? Guy, I thought you were in Mexico City. What's up?
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 4:01 pm    Post subject: Where am I? Reply with quote

For the moment I'm in Acapulco...the main office is in Mexico City, but we run training from the beach office...

Who's nighthawk? Where are you?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
nighthawk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:40 pm    Post subject: Who is nighthawk? Reply with quote

Nighthawk is the name of an American who has a B.A. from a liberal arts university where he was encouraged to use his imagination but expected to read and speak in German. Several claimed that such places do not teach hunting well enough or any sort of saturnine survivor skills that a heroic hawk may need in his lifetime. After some time he became dissatisfied with his interactions with and explorations of the Germans because of their rigidity and hatred for his species. His curiousity has also been cited as a reason for his change of direction. It was generally thought that he disappeared into thin air, or that his wings were broken in an accident and that he is walking around lamely in a cave in an effort to recuperate. But recently it has been reported that he has been to graduate school and is returning in the fall to get a TEFL Certificate and then hopefully an MATESOL. Some claim that he has also been spotted in endeavors to volunteer to teach ESL in his community, a strange place where the inhabitants' necks burn so red when the sun comes out that they are mistakely called Indians. These inhabitants are so strange that it is not recommended that anyone tries to really understand them, but people from all over the world cannot resist this temptation. They visit the land of these strange rednecked inhabitants to watch their necks and rubber burn as they race around in circles in their racecars. The fact that people come from all over the world to see such a thing shows that people all over the world are just as strange or even stranger than these rednecked autoracing inhabitants. This does not however discourage the bold nighthawk flying overhead. As a matter of fact it intrigues him to wander outside of what is comfortable to him and to explore.

During the night when the moon is full, or even when it's not, one of the most brightly colored rednecked inhabitants of this place has been known to turn into a hawk and search for rats, which he can spot in a forest while flying overhead from a distance of 200-300 meters away. He is also looking for hawks and eagles and other amazing animals from all over the world to interact with. Some even say he has ventured so far as to fly over Daves ESL Cafe and that he has been doing so for the past few months now, checking out what is going on especially in Latin America, including Mexico in particular and also Brazil, etc. It has also been reported that he has been seen hovering over the cold North, which seems to be a difficult phenomenon to explain, but a guy from such a place might not have trouble understanding this, or maybe he would...?

In two years or so nighthawk wishes to swoop down with impressive qualifications and experience and perch on some tree branches in wonderful foreign places to see the beauty and splendor of them while teaching the indigenous peoples his beautiful native song, which has a barely noticeable buzz because he has been around rednecked people and their buzzing racecars for a long duration of time now. When he once again travels abroad people say that he will sing his most beautiful song as well as learn about the songs and journeys of the indigenous peoples. The esoterically informed are preparing sacrifices and awaiting his arrival and song. He has been sighted on occasion, but only briefly and inconspicuously. Some claim that he doesn't even really exist. Sometimes he wonders himself.
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 12:50 am    Post subject: Well...should I have asked? Reply with quote

Very well...

You write like I once wrote before all the burdens of the world became mine to bear.

I look forward to hearing more from you in this little place I like to visit.

Guy
michaeld.chicago

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 8:24 pm    Post subject: Chile or Colombia Reply with quote

Guy - I'm considering either Colombia or Chile. What is the name of your school? Is there a website I can view?
mcd
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 9:55 pm    Post subject: Teachers Latin America Reply with quote

Hi Michael,

Our organization is called Teachers Latin America/Innovative English. You can get more information on us at www.innovative-english.com
Guy
lozwich

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AHA!

Guy, for one *delicious* koala stew, and some of our wonderful antipodean beer, CAN I HAVE A JOB?????

Wink

Lozwich.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Latin America Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: